Tuesday 10 July 2007



"Better Late Than Never" was going to be the title of this post, but I, too, can't post a title............never mind. Sorry that I haven't posted before now-I had time to finish the knitting & mail the rug to Kylie, but that was about all. It was the end of school term here, and we had head colds, and just general pandemonium. I did quickly take some photos, but due to gale force winds here, they are taken inside in less than ideal conditions (that's my excuse for any bad pics, and I'm sticking to it).

I did some garter-stitch stripes, and then a simple chequer-board section so that it wasn't lost in the variegated yarn. If I had been better organised had more time I would have transferred the stitches onto a piece of waste yarn and taken a picture of the rug fully spread out.....
Oh, almost forgot-here is my entry in the accompanying book.
I hope that this blanket gives you much pleasure. It will travel around Australia during its creation before it arrives home to you, but that will only be the beginning of its life as it travels with you through your life. Wishing you health and happiness.

3 comments:

My Five Sons said...

Wow,well done! Im getting excited !!!!

Kylie said...

Looks great and can not wait to finish this psecky little doll so I can make a start on my 7cm!

Susan Plunkett said...

Hi.. I'm a visitor. An Aussie :) Someone sent me the url for this blog. We're craving to know how the pattern for that pink and blue/purple section of the blanket is made. Would the knitter be willing to share the pattern here by any chance? Thanks in advance.